- 8 August: Face masks in church
St Edmund’s, Dudley
Face coverings and hygiene at Mass
- Please sanitize your hands thoroughly before coming to church, on entry to the church (and when moving into the hall).
- From 8 August the wearing of face coverings in places of worship becomes a legal requirement (as it is in shops and supermarkets)
- There is no health risk in receiving Holy Communion as the priest will have followed current advice on safe celebration of the Eucharist. In order to receive Holy Communion, the correct way to put a face mask on or take it off (so as to avoid touching the inside or outside of the mask) is to handle only the straps. (If you wish to follow official advice to sanitize your hands again at that point, please bring your own sanitizer.)
2. Bishop’s Pastoral Letter for August