Mass, celebrated by Fr Kevin Smith, Priest Administrator of the Shrine, will be live-streamed from 11.50 am. The Homily this year is by The Revd Canon Paul Greenwell.
Month: August 2020
September issue of the church magazine
The September issue of the church magazine is now available. You can access it on this web site either by clicking on the cover picture above, or via this link. Printed copies are available in the church.
August issue of the church magazine
The August issue of the church magazine is now available here on the web site – to access it just click on the cover picture above or on this link. Printed copies are available from the church.
Two Messages from the Bishop of Ebbsfleet
- 8 August: Face masks in church
St Edmund’s, Dudley
Face coverings and hygiene at Mass
- Please sanitize your hands thoroughly before coming to church, on entry to the church (and when moving into the hall).
- From 8 August the wearing of face coverings in places of worship becomes a legal requirement (as it is in shops and supermarkets)
- There is no health risk in receiving Holy Communion as the priest will have followed current advice on safe celebration of the Eucharist. In order to receive Holy Communion, the correct way to put a face mask on or take it off (so as to avoid touching the inside or outside of the mask) is to handle only the straps. (If you wish to follow official advice to sanitize your hands again at that point, please bring your own sanitizer.)
2. Bishop’s Pastoral Letter for August
St. Edmunds is now open for public worship. Service times are as follows:
- 11 AM Every Sunday – Mass
Shielding has ended, so everyone should now be returning to church to receive Holy Communion. However, if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19, are self-isolating, or have been advised by a medical professional to do so, you should remain at home.
From 8th August, face coverings will be compulsory in places of worship. For HM Government guidelines on how to use a face covering, please look here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own#how-to-wear-a-face-covering
For anyone who is self-isolating, the resource below is available:
The Society and the Church Union have published the August edition of Saints of the Month. You can download your copy here: https://www.churchunion.co.uk/uploads/Saints_of_the_Month_-_August_.pdf?fbclid=IwAR37n8BrjVCepb9RgJV01z-ruimn2M8wErf65BNvjKPtEUFhXOOjjZQvjBk
God bless everyone, and please stay safe.